[asterisk-users] CLI flood : requested media update control 26

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Tue Apr 2 10:42:20 CDT 2013

On 04/02/2013 06:37 AM, Jonas Kellens wrote:
> On 04/02/2013 12:50 PM, A J Stiles wrote:
>> (Message re-ordered for readability.  The beginning is *not* the right place
>> for your response -- answers come *after* questions, or *between* points.)

>>> The SIP peer vita3 is a realtime sip peer, installed in a hardware
>>> IP-phone (Siemens Gigaset N510 pro).
>> Have you any other Siemens Gigaset N510 pro phones in your setup?
>>

> Yes there are. But I want to know what these messages on the CLI mean ?

The device communicating with Asterisk over SIP channel
SIP/vita3-000010af had a change in the media source (26 ==
AST_CONTROL_SRCCHANGE). This occurs when the SSRC in an RTP packet sent
by that device changed.

When in the middle of a dialling operation, we tend to log out when one
of the parties passes information to the other party. In general, this
wouldn't flood the CLI, as a party shouldn't be passing much information
off to the other parties involved in the dial.

I'm not sure why a device in the middle of a 'normal' dialling operation
(regardless of it being either the caller/peer) would switch its SSRC
rapidly in such a fashion. A pcap should show the changes in SSRC and
might illustrate what's occurring.

Matt

--
Matthew Jordan