[asterisk-users] Logging SIP connection status for review

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Thu Apr 11 03:15:53 CDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-04-10 at 11:06 -0700, Carlos Alvarez wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 11:02 AM, Steve Edwards
> <asterisk.org at sedwards.com> wrote:
>

>         dumpcap can capture all of the SIP (and RTP) packets into a
>         series of files without a huge performance hit.
>
>         A cron job can pbzip2 the files and delete if over x days old.
>

> That's completely different.  We already run a good packet capture
> system.  What I want to see is SIP registration statuses and latency
> logged about once a minute.  We do that now by doing a 'sip show peers
> like x' and putting it in a text file.  I can then correlate issues
> with times of high latency or unreachable phones.  I'd just like to
> see more reporting and the ability to correlate times and such.

How about using your current scripts and then pushing the data into
Graphite?

http://kaivanov.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/how-to-install-and-use-graphite.html

Ish

--
Ishfaq Malik <ish at pack-net.co.uk>
Department: VOIP Support
e: ish at pack-net.co.uk
w: http://www.pack-net.co.uk

Registered Address: PACKNET LIMITED, 2A ENTERPRISE HOUSE, LLOYD STREET
NORTH, MANCHESTER
SCIENCE PARK, MANCHESTER, M156SE
COMPANY REG NO. 04920552