[asterisk-users] ConfBridge dtmf_passthrough=no doesn't have any effect. Bug?

Markus universe at truemetal.org
Fri Sep 28 06:36:57 CDT 2012

Hi Leif,

Am 28.09.2012 13:24, schrieb Leif Madsen:
> Searching the issue tracker (hint, hint) does not return any
> dtmf_passthrough issues other than this one[0], which doesn't look to be
> related.

thanks for your reply.

Right, doesn't look related.

> Is another channel connected to the conference receiving the DTMF? Is
> that what you're intending? Because from my understand that is the
> intention, and not simply to limit the DTMF from being in the conference
> in the first place. At least that is almost how it reads in your message.

All I'm trying to achieve is that the rest of the conference doesn't
hear the "beep"'s when a user presses a key. Users press keys to adjust
the volume of the conference, for example. And these key presses get
transmitted to all the other users in the conference, which can become
quite annoying when there is a larger amount of users.

Are you refering to my previous mails about adjusting volume of
background music/speech in the conference? This is unrelated - in my
test scenario I just set up a simple ConfBridge with no features at all,
then dialed in via PSTN (arrives as SIP) from two different phones, and
on each phone I can hear the key presses of the other party.

OH! I just tested with a SIP softphone (X-Lite), and DTMF does not get
passed to the other users! In X-Lite I can hear the DTMF keypresses of
the users connected via PSTN (incoming via SIP), but when I hit a key in
X-Lite I can't hear that on the PSTN phones. Hmmm ...

Thank you!
Markus