[asterisk-users] Disconnect calls : known reasons

Jonas Kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Fri Sep 28 03:40:49 CDT 2012

On 28-09-12 10:31, Administrator TOOTAI wrote:
> Le 28/09/2012 10:22, Jonas Kellens a écrit :
>> Hello,
>
> Hi
>

>> are there any known reasons why Asterisk would disconnect random calls ?
>>

>> My server uses 1,5 GB out of 8 GB RAM
>> My server uses up to 35% CPU at peak
>> There are about 40 concurrent calls.
>> I have 300 RTP-ports available.
>>
>> I just see the call ending, as if one of the connected parties hung
>> up but that is not the case !
>>
>> So what could be a bottleneck ? Any known reasons for random hangup ?
>
> Check that those calls are not sended to phones which are already
> online, doesn't accept further calls, and your dialplan don't manage
> this situation

Maybe I need to explain a bit further : the call is send to the IP-phone
and answered. The call lasts for about 1 à 2 minutes and is then
disconnected.

Sometimes this happens after about 1 minute, sometimes after about 2
minutes, sometimes it does not happen at all for a whole day or week !

If I say random, I really mean random.
I'd love to believe that there is some kind of bottleneck or level that
is reached when this happens, but nothing points to that direction.

Kind regards,
Jonas.