[asterisk-users] no audio while call forwarding, yes audio with followme

Bart Coninckx bart.coninckx at telenet.be
Tue Sep 25 16:23:14 CDT 2012

Hi all,

the subject says it all.
Technical details:
- Asterisk 1.8.7.1
- Behind NAT
- Using external SIP provider

The call forwarding is tested both with this functionality on the phone
and with configuration in the dialplan. In the latter case a database
variable is set to the external number, if set a Dial command calls this
number. So really nothing fancy (actually I followed the example on
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+call+forwarding ).

sip.conf has nat=yes, externip= ... and I tried every setting of
directmedia in the providers configuration part.

Followme works flawlessly, so I'm really wondering if this is a NAT issue.

Can anyone point me into a certain direction?

Thx!!!!

BC