[asterisk-users] 1.4.43 lost part of dialplan

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Thu Sep 20 07:37:44 CDT 2012

Has anyone ever run across where asterisk "looses" part of a diaplan???

I has this happen a couple times, so I put script in place at 2AM that dumps
the dial plan and compares it to the previous day or a know good one.
This ran fine for quite a while (multiple weeks, forget when I started
this).

Anyway this morning I got an email that the two files had differences.
I logged in and sure enough they did. In that case I them stop asterisk
and restart.

The thing I did not grab before restarting was the asterisk messages file.
I am getting that for next time.

So sure enough the dial plan was different and a couple of the contexts
that I need were missing.

Anyone ran into this?
Any thoughts on how I can narrow it down or what steps to take?

Actually I restart asterisk every day at 2AM. So something happens in a
24hour window.
It doesnt even look like a made many calls that day. Perhaps 10.

Thanks

Jerry