[asterisk-users] AGI HANGUP PROBLEM

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Tue Sep 18 09:44:52 CDT 2012

On Tuesday 18 September 2012, Mehdi Rahimi wrote:
> Hi Tony,
>
> Thank you for your attention , and appreciate your contribution .
> You are right we can not do anything till the caller hangup BUT how
> can we prevent to hearing DTMF when someone else is trying on another
> extension ?
> to clearance :
> someone calls (from landlines os mobile , no difference) and our AGI
> has executed and after some processes finish and hangup , but the
> caller has not hungup yet and till then if i pickup my extension and
> try to call , that caller who has not hungup the call yet can hear
> DTMF and that's a problem and some conflict.

Yes, that is the way a "calling party disconnects" telephone network works.
Someone else rang you --> You answered --> You put the phone down --> They
didn't put their phone down --> You will still be connected to them --> If you
dial, they will hear your digits; if you speak, they will hear your voice.

It is a telephone company issue, not an Asterisk issue.

Asterisk gets around this the only way it can:  by not marking an FXO line on
which an incoming call has been answered as "free" until the calling party has
hung up.

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.