[asterisk-users] Asterisk HangUp not breaking incoming call for caller

Mitul Limbani mitul at enterux.in
Wed Sep 12 00:17:57 CDT 2012

Raj,

Problem 1 is where asterisk times out and line gets free

However for problem 2

There is no way that this line frees up, as it depends upon remote side
infra of caller, if they calling from pri ckt they possibly could identify
our hangup signal, but if they calling from Analog exchange this event is
noy reliable and doesnt work 90% of the time.

It can als occur if our side of operator pulls up line from Analog exchange
instead of Digital, they can claim it to be analog, but i really dont trust
MTNL for sure, as they dont know why they r operators too :-)

So well we gotta either live wth it or move on to 100% digital comm, i.e.
E1 PRI ckts.

Mitul