[asterisk-users] multiple users for jabber.conf

Vladimir Mikhelson vlad at mikhelson.com
Wed Sep 12 00:01:37 CDT 2012

Hans,

I did not try 10 or 11 as I run 1.8.15.  Following are the related conf
files.

*gtalk.conf*

[General]
context = default
allowguest = yes             ; Required if you want to accept calls from
people Not on your contact list.
bindaddr=<private IP>   ;; These two settings are very critical for getting
externip=<public IP>      ;; gtalk audio with Asterisk server behind NAT
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

[guest]                               ;;special account for options on
guest account
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
context=from-trunk
connection=<Jab01>

*jabber.conf*

[general]
debug=no                         ;;Turn on debugging by default.
autoprune=no                   ;;Auto remove users from buddy list.
autoregister=yes              ;;Auto register users from buddy list.

[Jab01]                              ;; Label
type = client                       ;; Client or Component connection
serverhost = talk.google.com
      ;; Route to server
username = Google-user-name-1 at gmail.com>/asterisk    ;; Username with
optional resource.
secret = <Google password>
   ;; Password
priority = 1                       ;; Resource priority
port = 5222                     ;; Port to use, defaults to 5222
usetls = yes                    ;; TLS is required by talk.google.com,
you'll get a 'socket read error' without
usesasl = yes                   ;; Use sasl or not
timeout=100                     ;; Timeout on the message stack
status=available                ;; One of: chat, available, away, xaway,
or dnd
statusmessage = "Connected via Asterisk" ;; Custom status message

[Jab02]
type = client
serverhost = talk.google.com
username = Google-user-name-2 at gmail.com/asterisk
secret = <Google password 2>
priority = 1                       ;; Resource priority
port = 5222                     ;;Port to use, defaults to 5222
usetls = yes                     ;;TLS is required by talk.google.com,
you'll get a 'socket read error' without
usesasl = yes                  ;;Use sasl or not
buddy=<Buddy1>@gmail.com  ;;Manual addition of buddy to list.
buddy=<Buddy2>@gmail.com  ;;Manual addition of buddy to list.
timeout=100
status=available
statusmessage = "Connected via Asterisk"

[Jab03]

[Jab04]

and so on.

Reagrds,