[asterisk-users] Async AGI

David M. Lee dlee at digium.com
Mon Sep 10 14:00:56 CDT 2012

On Sep 10, 2012, at 11:16 AM, Pavel Siderov wrote:

> Danny as I mentioned in the first message the dialplan execution stops after AGI(agi:async). So the provided example doesn't help.
>
> Regards,
> Pavel

Pavel,

This may be due to the asynchronous nature of Async AGI. The AGI(agi:async) command will continue to run until the channel is hung up, the 'asyncagi break' command is sent over AMI, or some sort of fatal error is encountered.

When a call comes in, the AGI(agi:async) command sill send out a start event over AMI. But if Adhearsion isn't there to hear it, it's also not there to tell Asterisk what to do with the channel. So it will sit there, waiting for a break or hangup.

I'm sure the Adhearsion guys have run into this sort of thing before. You may want to ask on their forum[1] for how they handle the situation.

 [1]: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!forum/adhearsion

--
David M. Lee
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer