[asterisk-users] Maximum messages in voicemail

Chris Bagnall asterisk at lists.minotaur.cc
Mon Sep 10 11:58:09 CDT 2012

Greetings list,

I've seen a few errors recently in our logs along the lines of:
[Sep 10 17:41:41] WARNING[6719] app_voicemail.c: Save failed.  Not
moving message: destination folder full.

maxmsg in voicemail.conf is set to 1000.

I've checked the mailboxes on the server in question, and the maximum
number of messages in any account is 535.
The filesystem in question is less than 50% full; likewise available
inodes are plentiful.

Does asterisk have a hardcoded maxmsg figure that supercedes
voicemail.conf at a certain point?

Is there any way of telling which mailbox the warning relates to?

Anything else worth checking?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Chris