[asterisk-users] Good way to query data from asterisk realtime with Asterisk Manager API

Shitian Long longst.cn at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 17:08:52 CDT 2012

Thanks for everyone's message,
Finally, I figure out how to use AMI fetch data from realtime.

After log in AMI.
First step, a setVar action should be sent
(for example, in this case, I am interested in the content of realtime family = test_family, key = mykey,)

setVar action should look like

Action: Setvar
Variable: REALTIME(test_family, key, mykey)

After that, I should have a success response like

Response: Success
Message: Variable Set

Afterward. I could use getVar action to fetch the result

Action: Getvar
Variable: REALTIME(test_family, key, mykey)

Finally, query result will be in the response.

From this practice, it seems, AMI getVar and setVar action have more function than I through.

Thanks for every one's help.