[asterisk-users] Asterisk and OpenLDAP

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Wed Oct 31 11:08:48 CDT 2012

Giuseppe wrote:
> Yes, but i think that's better to open an LDAP connection with
> extensions user and password. Or not?

Better is not the right way to look at it.  You questions is
about early or late binding.  Early binding requires a dedicated
username and password to connect to LDAP before it can perform a
query, and late can use the user provided credentials.

I find that many applications will support only one or the other,
so the choice is made for you.  I do not know if Asterisk supports
only early binding, but I suspect that it would be a better long
term match for you.

Dan