[asterisk-users] multi tenant

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Tue Oct 30 10:24:31 CDT 2012

I am attempting to send this again.  The mail processor is interpreting the
Asterisk commands in my message as mail processor command and bouncing the
message.  That's why where is junk before many of the lines below.

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 12:15 AM, Darin Iv <adariniv at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I need to configure DIDs for different companies and they should reach on
> different extension with different context. Cant we have same extension
> in different context?
>
> This is what we we want
> Company A:
> Context Company_A
> IVR Company A
> Extensions: 101,102,103,104 etc.
>
> Company B:
> Context Company_B
> IVR Company B
> Extensions: 101,102,103,104 etc.

There are multiple ways to do this.  One way is the "Local" dial.  We have
done this for companies who are different entities but want to do 3-digit
dial.

...  Dial(Local/101 at company_a#extensions,25)

Where we assume you have a context like:

...  [company_a#extensions]

...  exten => 101,1,Dial(SIP/company_a.${EXTEN},25)

Another way is to simply do an include for the other company's extension
context.  However that requires that you not duplicate the extension
numbers between the contexts/companies.