[asterisk-users] Asterisk does not re-register as a sip client after a "sip reload" if "sip.conf" or "users.conf" is changed

Hadi Ams ln.nima.nl at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 06:52:13 CDT 2012

Hi all,

I have a confusing problem with "sip reload".
I have an outgoing registration in my sip.conf in the form of "register=>"
, and generally when ever I do a sip reload , asterisk sends out a new
registration and re-registers.
But if I change anything in sip.conf or users.conf , the re-registration
does not work anymore after a sip reload (even if I don't change the files
and just re-save them).
in this case after a sip reload when I issue "sip show registry" I see 0
registrations and not even a pending reg.
I need to add /delete users and extensions on a frequently basis and don't
want to lose my registrations to outside or my active calls , and I suppose
a "sip reload" after changing the configs is the only way .
I am really confused why it is not working.
I am sure that asterisk is re-reading the new config files --new users are
added-- but registration is not triggered again.
I am not sure if it is a misconfiguration on my side or some kind of bug in
asterisk but any help on this issue would be really appreciated.

* I tried including an external config file in sip.conf or users.conf but
in this case even without changing anything, after a sip reload , I lost my
registration.
* I tried mysql real time module but since I am working with some websocket
clients I have some issues to forward calls from udp clients to websocket
ones.
*I am working with trunk asterisk 11  (r 373330 ) and I tried it with the
latest trunk and same results .

Regards
Hadi Ams