[asterisk-users] Stopping dahdi: Unloading DAHDI hardware modules: ERROR: Module dahdi is in error

Jared Baxley jared.baxley at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 03:17:01 CDT 2012

Whenever I try and reboot from the CLI i get this error.

Stopping dahdi: Unloading DAHDI hardware modules: ERROR: Module dahdi is in
error

The system then hangs... sometimes there is a bit more info mentioning a
kernel paging request and other a kernel panic

I can't find any reference in the logs to trace this further.

After Powering off the server it boots up fine with no problems.

This issue has been ongoing for some months.. but never really bothered me.
However Now I'm experiencing random system lockups which require a hard
reset to bring the system back up.

I have ran all recent update scripts found here..
http://www.freepbx.org/forum/freepbx-distro/distro-discussion-help/asterisk-1-8-stable-release-versions-for-distro

At least to the best i could make out... the last few seem to be a little
sketchy with the versioning. it's possible i may have missed one... however
everything seems fine but with that issue remaining.

Server is a PowerEdge 610 (of which i have several other running without
this issue...
PRI card is a Sangoma B601 with HEC ... of which I have another using
without this issue.

I found this thread indicating the dahdi should be prior to network in the
shutdown sequence... I verified that is the case...

What could be causing this? What other information can i collect and where
would I find it?

here are a few screen shots

[url=
http://postimage.org/image/7hdzl5cs3/][img]http://s13.postimage.org/7hdzl5cs3/20121030_001603.jpg[/img][/url