[asterisk-users] asterisk crashed on segmentation fault

Jonathan Rose jrose at digium.com
Mon Oct 29 08:44:00 CDT 2012

Arjan Kroon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem.
> One every couple of months my asterisk system crashes with a
> segmentation fault.

Normally if you are getting a segfault, that's a good reason to file a bug report. However...

> I use the following drives and asterisk:
> Asterisk 1.6.2.12

Using an old, unsupported version of Asterisk means that approach would probably be fruitless.
I'd recommend you consider upgrading to either 1.8 or 11 at this point. If you absolutely must
stick with 1.6.2 for whatever reason, then you can use 1.8 on a test system to see if you can reproduce
your problem and if you can, file a bug report against that and hope the patch either translates
well to 1.6.2 without much intervention or you could attempt to backport it yourself if it doesn't.

Good luck with your problem.

--
Jonathan R. Rose
Digium, Inc. | Software Engineer