[asterisk-users] Add a variable to the destination channel without adding it to the source channel?

Alexandre Rodrigues alex454 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 07:13:49 CDT 2012

Hello all,

I have the following challenge: I have to add a variable to the
destination channel with the following conditions:

    1) It has to be set in the dialplan, in runtime.
    2) The source channel can't have the same variable has the destination.

I had two ideas so far, but they seem complicated:

    1) Add a local channel in the middle of the source and destination
channel. With that I can use the
        dialplan application SET(__VAR='XXX') in the local and it will
be inherited by the destination channel.
    2) Call a macro or a gosub in the DIAL. With that macro or gosub I
can add a variable in the destination channel.

A more easy suggestion, please? :)

Thanks in advance,

Alex