[asterisk-users] high capacity analog <-> sip gateway

jon pounder jonp at inline.net
Thu Oct 25 16:09:22 CDT 2012

On 10/25/2012 05:01 PM, Steve Totaro wrote:
> That is just silly.  You mean to say that the Adtran and the Adit
> units are not as reliable as these new devices.  No way.

I have had channel banks fail yes, and I stick by my assertion that
failing a small $50 box is a lot less painful on the wallet and users
than a channel bank with most of the extensions on it, this changes as
the scale goes up though.

I would only use a channel bank where the size can justify at least 3 of
them, and I would never use a T1 based one again I would use the
ethernet to FXS ones.

I use a combination of analog and voip phones and there are various
reasons for each being the type it is, one solution doesn't always fit
everything, even within a single system.