[asterisk-users] How to tie orders taken to specific CDR records

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Thu Oct 25 16:24:52 CDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 12:18 PM, Mitch Claborn <mitch_ml at claborn.net> wrote:
> Our phone operators work off of an Asterisk queue.  They take calls from
> customers and take orders with our back end systems.  What I need to be able
> to do is tie the orders taken to the specific CDR record that reflects the
> call from which the order originated.
>
> The typical/sample CDR table doesn't have a primary key.  I can add an
> auto-generated PK, but the CDR is not written until the call ends, when the
> orders have already been placed.  (Even if the CDR was written earlier,
> could I retrieve the generated PK from it in the dialplan somehow?)
>
> Is there some combination of fields in the CDR that might uniquely identify
> a specific call?
>
> Open to any and all ideas.
>

> --
>
> Mitch

I have done this with SIPCallID and sound files.  Not a true GUID but
enough combinations to not run into problems.

I have also used RDNIS to stuff info since it is mostly never used.
You can add DB functions to your dialplan beyond what the standard
queue logs contain or is written to the DB by the queue app.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+variables

Thanks,
Steve T