[asterisk-users] high capacity analog <-> sip gateway

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Thu Oct 25 16:09:17 CDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Justin Killen <
jkillen at allamericanasphalt.com> wrote:

> **
>
> Cost and ease of deployment, yes.  At this specifc location we are
> currently using Centrex lines (AT&T hosted) and are looking for a way to
> move into something cheaper without throwing away the existing phones.  I
> like the idea of using a channel bank – I’ll look into that as an option as
> well.

You should be able to also connect the Centrex lines to the channel banks,
I believe.

I always advocate throwing out old analog phones as they will be a pain,
but understand if you absolutely cannot.  Just keep in mind you can get a
decent VoIP phone for $60 that is very likely to be nicer than what they
have now and do much more.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve