[asterisk-users] Call Presence for Offhook/Onhook Only

Chris Owen owenc at hubris.net
Mon Oct 22 17:45:10 CDT 2012

On Oct 22, 2012, at 4:25 PM, Danny Nicholas <danny at debsinc.com> wrote:

> You could do a simple PHP/Perl script to query hints and ring only the
> not-in-use phones.  Or more simply that that do a ChanIsAvail() against the
> list and ring the returned array. If I do
> ChanIsAvail(line1/line2/line3/line4/line5) and 1 and 3 are in use, it
> returns an array with 2/4/5 and I can Dial the array.

I don't think the problem isn't the phones that are in using getting the notifications so much as just the shear number of phones getting them.   If we only ring a few phones the problem goes away even if the phone you are on is one of the ones getting the notifications.

Chris

Chris Owen    - Garden City (620) 275-1900 -  Lottery (noun):
President          - Wichita     (316) 858-3000 -    A stupidity tax
Hubris Communications Inc      www.hubris.net