[asterisk-users] Voicemail to text for Asterisk

Nickolay V. Shmyrev nshmyrev at nexiwave.com
Mon Oct 22 16:43:23 CDT 2012

On 22/10/2012 at 16:02 -0400, Bryant Zimmerman wrote:
> Carlos
>
> I have tried several solutions and non of them have been worth the
> money. I have worked with transcription companies and they are the
> best but they are expensive. If you do find something that works let
> the groups know as there are a few of us out here that are looking for
> that holy grail of speech to text.

There is no holy grail yet, speech technology deployment requires a
close cooperation between the speech technology provider and the users.
It's not plug and play but after some joint efforts automated
transcriptions must be useful.

If anyone wants to experiment with CMUSphinx-based automated solution to
transcribe voicemails, drop me a note. The results could be pretty
interesting.