[asterisk-users] Voicemail to text for Asterisk

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Mon Oct 22 14:47:51 CDT 2012

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 12:40 PM, Christopher Harrington <chris at acsdi.com>wrote:

> All automated solutions -- paid or free -- are terrible. The technology
> simply does not exist at this point at a level that is acceptable to most
> customers. If quality is paramount, you are better off doing the
> transcription in-house with a human.

In-house transcriptions are definitely out of the question, but any
experience with outsourced solutions would be useful.  As far as I can tell
the current service is automated, and as awful as Google Voice, yet they
find it useful.  Their existing carrier uses Broadsoft and I'm not sure if
they have that built in.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve