[asterisk-users] Unable to load users.conf

Rizha Yuherdianto rizha.yuherdianto at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 00:28:14 CDT 2012

>  0) if its just a warning, how to get it fixed?
>>

> It doesn't really need to. A 'warning' is like saying "here's something
> you should be aware of."
>
> Personally, I prefer to resolve all warnings so there is less cruft to
> sift through when something actually does go wrong.

I see

>  1) checked, it is not exist. is it exist by default?
>>

> I don't know about your version of Asterisk.

Im using AsteriskNow lastest version 2.0.2

>  2) what directory it should be?
>>

> Unless you (or your package maintainer) has been fiddling about, it should
> be in the same directory as all of your other Asterisk configuration files:
> sip.conf, iax.conf, extensions.[conf|ael], etc.

already checked. files for asterisk are on /etc/asterisk directory but
theres no users.conf

>  3) im root
>>

> Glad to meet you.

:D

> If you meant the user running Asterisk is root, this is a less than
> optimal situation that can lead to really big problems.

Why? Steve please explain.

>  4) the file doesn't exist
>>

> At a minimum, 'touch /etc/asterisk/users.conf' may make the warning go
> away. You should read up a bit to see if the features of users.conf make
> sense for your environment.

I'll read it again

> Personally, I set up my Asterisk installs so they only load the modules
> I'm actually using by specifying 'autoload=no' and explicitly loading the
> modules I want in modules.conf.

I still need to learn more. I've just experimenting asterisk from
yesterday, but I'll try to examine what modules i need to load  :-)

thank you