[asterisk-users] Digium D40 phones and Caller ID

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Fri Oct 12 11:47:11 CDT 2012

On 10/12/2012 10:35 AM, Christopher Harrington wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 9:59 AM, Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com> wrote:
> Is "type=peer" strictly necessary? I don't know how they're currently
> being specified from users.conf, is that possible to specify in
> users.conf? I was under the impression that peers specified in
> users.conf would be type=friend.

Okay, using users.conf:

[peer01]
type = friend
secret = xxxx
callerid = "D40 01" <101>
host = dynamic
nat = no
disallow = all
allow = ulaw
allow = g722
hassip = yes

After loading, [peer01] shows up as a known SIP endpoint.  Calling
peer01 displays the same caller ID as before, i.e., either 101/D40 01 or
101/foo.  Note that none of this using the DPMA either.

And as shown above, no, type = peer is not strictly necessary.  This
should not impact the display of caller ID.

>> secret = xxxx
>> callerid = "D40 01" <101>
>> host = dynamic
> My hosts are manually specified (ie they do not register), that
> shouldn't matter, correct?

No, that shouldn't matter either.

>> sendrpid = pai
> I have this specified in the general section of sip.conf. Does this
> need to be specified per-peer?

No, that does not impact this situation.  Prior to testing this for this
e-mail I did not specify sendrpid at all; I added that to the
configuration as you called out that setting and I wanted to make sure
it didn't change the behaviour.  It did not.

<snip>

> I don't know if that is necessarily true; the phones were new in box
> but were not purchased from Digium or an authorized reseller.

Did they fall off the back of a truck? :-)

Call anyway.  If you purchased said phones in a legitimate manner, they
should be able to help you.

(And, as previously suggested, you may want to make sure you've upgraded
to the latest firmware, just to rule out any solved problems).

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager