[asterisk-users] Digium D40 phones and Caller ID

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Fri Oct 12 09:59:28 CDT 2012

On 10/11/2012 05:39 PM, Christopher Harrington wrote:
> First post to this mailing list. I'll keep it brief: My D40 phones
> don't show the "name" component of CALLERID.
> It only displays the number. This includes calls originating from PSTN
> with their own CID already set, and calls
> where we've specifically filled in this data. Changing the destination
> of my test extension to a softphone (zoiper
> in this case) correctly displays the information. sip.conf already
> contains sendrpid=pai.
>
> From what I can tell, this appears to be a Digium phone limitation. Or
> am I missing something crucial?

No, the D40s display the name.

Using the following configuration in sip.conf:

[peer01]
type = peer
secret = xxxx
callerid = "D40 01" <101>
host = dynamic
sendrpid = pai
disallow = all
allow = ulaw
allow = g722

And extensions.conf:

exten => 101,1,NoOp()
same => n,Set(CALLERID(name)=foo)
same => n,Dial(SIP/101)
same => n,Hangup()

Shows the following on the D40:
101
foo

If I remove the CALLERID function call, the D40 shows:
101
D40 01

Note that this is using the 1.1.0 firmware.  I imagine there is a
configuration issue somewhere.  You may want to provide your entire
configuration, or - since you have purchased phones from Digium - call
technical support.  They should be able to help you resolve this issue.

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager