[asterisk-users] DTMF digits are coming through twice

Vik Killa vipkilla at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 10:44:17 CDT 2012

I've been running an Asterisk server (1.6.2.17.2) for over a year
without any major issues. All of a sudden people are unable to login
to their voicemail because Asterisk is seeing DTMF twice for each
digit the caller pushes. We've noticed the problem only consistently
happens to callers from specific locations. All the locations having
the issue use te same ITSP and internet provider. The ITSP swears it's
not them because they tested outside their phone system, straight from
a d-mark. We've tinkered and played with all options in Asterisk
related to DTMF with no success. Aside from upgrading Asterisk, I'm at
a loss as to how to fix this. This system has worked for over a year
without this issue and all of a sudden it appears. My thought is that
it's the internet provider (Earthlink) but they say it can not
possibly be them. Here is my DTMF settings in sip.conf:
dtmfmode=rfc2833
relaxdtmf=yes

Any input appreciated! Thanks.