[asterisk-users] Calling out on a group of DAHDI lines

Mitch Claborn mitch_ml at claborn.net
Mon Oct 8 18:38:50 CDT 2012

Asterisk 1.8

(a) We will have a group of 4 analog lines into a Digium card that will
be used for local calls.  What is the best way to use those lines as a
pool for outbound calls?  Can I use ChanIsAvail(), listing those 4
channels, and then use the first one returned?

(b) For emergency calls, I want to be able to force one of these lines
available if all are in use.  Will SoftHangup() do that?  If so, do I
need to Wait() after a SoftHangup() before trying to use it?

--

Mitch