[asterisk-users] SendFAX - multi-page TIFF

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Sun Oct 7 07:23:34 CDT 2012

On 10/07/2012 04:56 PM, Mikhail Lischuk wrote:

> Gabriel Ortiz Lour писал 06.10.2012 17:07:
>
>> I am using this command to generate the TIFF from a PDF:
>>
>> /usr/bin/gs -q -sDEVICE=tiffg3 -sPAPERSIZE=a4 -r204x196 -dNOPAUSE
>> -sOutputFile=$tiffFile -- $pdfFile
>>
> I use imagemagic's convert instead of gs, for gs gave me lots of
> problems I had no time to debug:
>
> /usr/local/bin/convert -density 204x98 -resize 1728x1346 -units
> pixelsperinch -monochrome -compress Fax $timestamp.pdf $timestamp.tif
>
> And it works perfectly with multipage PDFs

imagemagic just calls gs to do the actual work. The command you gave
will not give you reliable conversion. It will work a lot of the time,
to produce a low resolution FAX image. However, if you have large images
in your PDF they can cause the output image size to change sometimes.

The commands you will find at
http://www.soft-switch.org/spandsp_faq/ar01s14.html will reliably
produce standard, fine, and superfine image files in the various common
FAX formats.

Steve