[asterisk-users] AVAILSTATUS always 0

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Fri Oct 5 09:28:16 CDT 2012

Jonas Kellens wrote:

> On 05-10-12 15:27, Joshua Colp wrote:
>> Jonas Kellens wrote:
>>>
>>> Using this will make Asterisk hang. Done that in the past and result was
>>> that Asterisk hung after a certain amount of asterisk -rx "command". So
>>> my experience is that this is not the correct solution.
>>>
>>> If only ChanIsAvail could return the correct value...
>>
>> You may have missed it but I sent an email detailing that... just add
>> the 's' option to your use of ChanIsAvail. As I also said if you don't
>> want to do that then check if AVAILCHAN is set or not.
>>
>> Those are your two options.
>>

> the 's' option is about a channel in use. I don't see the link with a
> SIP peer that is registrated or not.

The 's' option turns on device state querying for ChanIsAvail. The state
tells you if the remote side is not available, in use, not in use, etc.
If the state is not available then you can't call them. One of the
reasons is they are not registered.

> if AVAILCHAN is set, does this mean that the SIP peer is reachable ??

Yes. It means that chan_sip is capable of setting up the call. If it is
blank then that is not possible and one of the reasons would be they are
unregistered.

--
Joshua Colp