[asterisk-users] Case-sensitivity of Dialplan variables.

Jeremy Kister asterisk-02 at jeremykister.com
Mon Oct 1 23:00:08 CDT 2012

On 10/1/2012 5:15 PM, Mark Michelson wrote:
> ("HASH" would be evaluated properly but "hash" would not). My personal
> opinion is that all variable evaluations should be case-sensitive.

+1

case insensitivity to accommodate carelessness is evil.  much easier for
NoOp to tell us SIP_CODEC is unset, regardless of misspellings.

I could be convinced to vote up 1s for I, 0s for O, and 3 for E.  So
SIP_CODEC, S1P_C0D3C, and SiP_cOdEC would all evaluate equally.  The
next step would be to appease the English spelling reform people by
allowing SIP_KODEK too.  :p

--

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.net./