[asterisk-users] Wierd RTP issue

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Mon Nov 26 09:20:08 CST 2012

Richard Kenner wrote:
>> Yeah this is so weird that packet captures are really needed. A working
>> call and a non-working call, along with what IP ranges are what.
>
> There are *tremendous* numbers of RTP packets, of course.  Are those
> captures really going to be useful?  That's the problem.  If they
> *are* going to be useful, then how many packets should I save?  I did
> look at the "sip debug" output, as I said, and those look the same.

Not that many RTP packets are required. It's just important to see the
SIP signaling and where traffic is coming/going from with the network
topology in mind. That way a clearer picture of where it's saying media
should go to, where it's sending media from, etc can be gleamed. Once
that is figured out then the problem can be isolated.

--
Joshua Colp