[asterisk-users] Queue_log into MySQL - best practices

Dmitry mbike2000ru at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 22 01:58:14 CST 2012

Hi,

I use asterisk 1.8.
 Currently I use a perl daemon to parse queue_log into MySQL. It works reliably.

But I know that there is a method (http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+queue_log+on+MySQL and http://work.mikeboylan.com/asterisk-queuelog-to-mysql) to write to MySQL directly with app_mysql which has a DEPRECATED status.

My question is:
What is the best/preffered approach to put queue_log into MySQL in asterisk 1.8 and up?
1) To use external daemons to parse /var/log/queue_log?
2) To use the deprecated app_mysql? the status does not guarantee that this application will be in the future
3) To use odbc to access mysql? but I could not find a procedure for it. And I doubt it is possible.

BR,
Dmitry Pavlenko