[asterisk-users] leading ghost 0

Leandro Dardini ldardini at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 04:12:34 CST 2012

2012/11/20 gincantalupo <gincantalupo at fgasoftware.com>

> Hi all,
>
> I have problems dialling out because my new telco (the previous gave no
> problems) tells me my PBX adds a leading 0 and that's why I cannot dial out
> (but I can receive calls).
>
> I make a small extensions.conf as a test:
>
> exten => 666,1,Dial(DAHDI/g1/339xxxxxx)
> but cannot dial out
>
> Curious thing is that
> exten => 666,1,Dial(DAHDI/g1/**0233xxxxxx)
> and
> exten => 666,1,Dial(DAHDI/g1/233xxxxxx)
> call the same number!!!
>
> Line in use is a PRI.
>
> My Asterisk version is 1.4.26.2
> dahdi version: 2.2.0.2
> wanpipe-3.4.6
>
> I checked with intense pri debug and see no 0 inside frames....
>
> How can I really be SURE Asterisk is not adding some leading zero?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Giorgio.

I have never heard of a way to automatically add digits when using PRI,
however can you check your chan_dahdi.conf about the following lines:

internationalprefix =
nationalprefix =
localprefix =

If presents, try messing with them. If you are using the PRI in Italy,
every provider has PRI configured in its own way, some time even the same
provider is configuring PRI lines in multiple times, but often the problems
are on receiving the calls (like calls with and without the area code, with
or without the leading zero, etc. etc.)

Leandro