[asterisk-users] meetme race condition

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Mon Nov 19 06:30:31 CST 2012

Jerry Geis wrote:
> I think "I" have a race condition.
>
> I am running something like this in my dialplan
>

> call agi to bring my "list" of devices into my MeetMe
> Playback beep
> start MeetMe()
>
> So in fact the meetme is not started before I bring the list
> of devices into the meetme.
>
> How can I do this differently so the MeetMe is started first
> or how can I wait in my AGI on the MeetMe to start because
> the MeetMe wont start until I exit the AGI...
>
> - or how do I in the dialplan wait for for the Meetme because I
> do have a stage where I redirect the Call into the MeetMe.
> so how do I inject a line that waits there for the MeetMe to be active???

Can you clarify what you mean by "MeetMe to be active"? What MeetMe
options are you using and what is your configuration like? With the
proper combination of options it shouldn't matter who gets into the
conference bridge first. This is what Page essentially does, with the
difference being that only the channel executing Page() can talk. If
that behavior is what you are trying to accomplish I suggest you use
that instead.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Colp