[asterisk-users] "Simple" failover configuration

jon pounder jonp at inline.net
Thu Nov 15 09:39:01 CST 2012

On 11/15/2012 10:31 AM, Danny Nicholas wrote:

ran into this before on routers, you can put something like that or vrrp
or carp in front of a pair of systems to fail to the right one BUT there
isn't only one interface on something like a pbx, it has a lan interface
and a wan interface, you have to get failover happening on the ALL at
the same time which is tricky since when you fail one interface that
sometimes eliminates being able to trigger the other interface to fail
over since it no longer has any access to get a signal there.

If you want to be able to look at the system to see why it failed you
have to have some other way in as well.

Every requirement just makes it more complex, and more fun to test.