[asterisk-users] TE820 hardware detection

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Thu Nov 8 11:05:07 CST 2012

On Thu, Nov 08, 2012 at 09:02:43AM -0800, Justin Killen wrote:
> I checked the version and it looks like it is up to date
>
> [root at dozer2 dahdi]# asterisk -rx 'dahdi show version'
> DAHDI Version: 2.6.1 Echo Canceller: HWEC
> [root at dozer2 dahdi]# modinfo -F version dahdi
> 2.6.1
> [root at dozer2 dahdi]# cat /sys/module/dahdi/version
> 2.6.1
>
> On a whim, I went ahead and downloaded and built/installed dahdi 2.6.1
> After that, I ran dahdi_genconf and it made entries for the card in /etc/dahdi/system.conf
>
> I think perhaps it didn't have the proper firmware downloaded in
> the distribution, or it tried to download it during the install
> and failed (we're behind a web content filtering system, so
> sometimes things get blocked)
>
> But still when I run dahdi_hardware, I still only see the TDM800P card

Hmm... it looks like commit 10682 "dahdi_hardware: Detect the Digium
TE820 card" [1] is on the 2.6 branch in subversion but is not in the
2.6.1 release. If you need dahdi_hardware to work, you can install
DAHDI-Tools from trunk or you can wait until the next release of
DAHDI.

[1] http://svnview.digium.com/svn/dahdi?view=revision&revision=10682

Cheers,
Shaun