[asterisk-users] Managing complex setups with Asterisk

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Thu Nov 8 03:07:32 CST 2012

also sprach Jeff LaCoursiere <jeff at sunfone.com> [2012.11.07.2049 +0100]:
> Just to chime in, if you REALLY want multi-tenant, it is super
> easy and surprisingly efficient to use kernel level virtualization
> to run multiple instances of asterisk (and even FreePBX).  We use
> LXC to do this.  The "host" runs an instance that has the dahdi
> hardware, drivers, and upstream connections.  The "clients" have
> SIP connections to the host for all inbound/outbound

Yes, separation into logical units is one way forward, but then you
will necessarily have redundant configuration between the instances.
It's nice to have clear separations (unless you cannot clearly
separate), but I am not convinced that this decreases complexity.

"toleranz heißt, die fehler der anderen entschuldigen.
 takt heißt, sie nicht bemerken."
                                                -- arthur schnitzler

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net