[asterisk-users] Can you help me to use SIPML5 with Asterisk ?

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Wed Nov 7 08:52:08 CST 2012

Lionel BEAUDOIN wrote:
> Hello,

Hola,

> I saw your email in a forum message, can you help me, I try to use
> SIPML5 with an Asterisk 11 server ?
>
> My Asterisk server is installed on a Debian server.
> I have download all the sources from sipml5.org

Please ensure you have followed the instructions at
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+WebRTC+Support to
set up the Asterisk side of things for WebSocket.

> I have modifiied call.htm to target the requests on my server.
>
> - If I use the port 5060, I can register but I cant emet calls
> - If I use the port 8088, I can't register.
>
> I think it's because I don't use the WS protocol but when I watch the
> request on the 8088 port with tcpdump, I see that transport is UDP.
>
> How can I define a registring session with WS transport in the call.htm
> file ?

You don't need to use your own copy of sipml5. Point a suitable browser
to the following URL:

http://sipml5.org/call.htm?svn=9

Go into "Expert Mode" and disable Video support. Use the WebSocket
Server URL for your server, like below:

ws://<hostname or IP address of Asterisk>:8088/ws

Fill out the rest of the registration details as you normally would.

Display Name: <account name in sip.conf>
Private Identity: <account name in sip.conf>
Public Identity: sip:<account name in sip.conf>@<hostname or IP address
of Asterisk>
Password: <password configured in sip.conf>
Realm: <hostname or IP address of Asterisk>

In the future please send emails of this type to the asterisk-users
mailing list so that everyone can see the conversation and learn. I've
copied my reply to it.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Colp