[asterisk-users] USB FXS device

Andreas Sikkema h323 at ramdyne.nl
Sun Nov 4 04:17:59 CST 2012

On 11/1/12 15:08 , Jeff LaCoursiere wrote:
> An ATA that does OpenVPN would be just as welcome.
> If Xorcom would come out with a 1 or 2 port FXS device I would be all
> set!  How about it Tzafrir?

I don't know if these are available in the US (presuming you are from
that area in te world), but there are DSL modem/router suppliers who
sell an Ethernet version of their product complete with internal ATA. I
know some of them have VPN functionality, so that might work around some
of your limitations. They are not Raspberry Pi priced, but not *that*
much more.

Developing something yourself from the ground up might be more expensive
in the short/mid term

I am thinking along the lines of a Draytek Vigor2110Vn, the wifi and
routing capabilities are not used, but the SIP, VPN and FXS should be
able to fit your needs. And with the possibility for automatic
provisioning using an ACS..

--
Andreas Sikkema