[asterisk-users] USB FXS device

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at sunfone.com
Thu Nov 1 09:08:01 CDT 2012

On 10/31/2012 04:43 PM, Benny Amorsen wrote:
> Jeff LaCoursiere <jeff at sunfone.com> writes:
>
>> The basic question was "has anyone made a USB FXS device work with
>> asterisk".  Now that I have additionally defended my architecture
>> decisions, can anyone actually answer the question?
> The Open USB FXS project is exactly what you want. It seems to be
> discontinued. Depending on volume, it might be worth resurrecting the
> project -- it looks like the price could get reasonable if you need a
> few thousand...
>
> It does not seem like there is anything commercially available right
> now.
>

> /Benny

That does indeed seem to be the case.  I found some info on Open USB FXS
- a circuit board template and BOM :)  Probably a bit closer to the
electronics than I really wanted to be, and they don't sell the kit
anymore.  Too bad.

Well if anyone runs across an asterisk-channel-supported USB FXS device,
please let me know.  An ATA that does OpenVPN would be just as welcome.
If Xorcom would come out with a 1 or 2 port FXS device I would be all
set!  How about it Tzafrir?

Cheers,