[asterisk-users] PSTN termination in Virtualized Asterisk Environment

Raj Mathur ( राज माथुर ) raju at linux-delhi.org
Thu May 31 08:31:57 CDT 2012

On Thursday 31 May 2012, David Klaverstyn wrote:
> I would not recommend the redfone devices.  I have had bad
> experiences with them.  Have  a look at the Digium G100 or G200
> devices.  They look far superior.

Hmm, that's odd, since we've had an excellent experience with Redfones
(purchased through Mitul, incidentally) overall.  Our client is running
Asterisk servers doing 1/2 a million outbound + some inbound through
Redfone devices every day with no significant issues.  This is spread
over some 4 or 5 PSTN providers country-wide.

Overall I'd say our experience with the Redfones has been very positive,
leaving aside the advantage of having an E1 interface outside of the
computer (device and computer can be power cycled independently if
required, device can be easily interfaced to a different computer, etc.)

Regards,

-- Raj
--
Raj Mathur                          || raju at kandalaya.org   || GPG: