[asterisk-users] Getting unwanted pager email from Asterisk voicemail

Duncan Turnbull duncan at e-simple.co.nz
Thu May 31 06:33:26 CDT 2012

Hi All

I am not sure why but I am getting a pager email as well as a voicemail email when a voicemail is left. I am guessing its a setting somewhere but I can't find it

The system is Ubuntu with Asterisk 1.8.12 from source. I am using Freepbx for the configs but freepbx doesn't do much to voicemail

The mail system is Postfix

My test scenario
[general]
format=wav49|gsm|wav
serveremail=asterisk at questterrace.co.nz
attach=yes
skipms=3000
maxsilence=10
silencethreshold=128
maxlogins=3
emaildateformat=%A, %B %d, %Y at %r
pagerdateformat=%A, %B %d, %Y at %r
sendvoicemail=yes ; Allow the user to compose and send a voicemail while inside

[default]
121 => 1234,Duncan testing,duncan at e-simple.co.nz,,attach=yes|saycid=no|envelope=no|delete=no

I get the voicemail with attachment

Subject [PBX]: New message 1 in mailbox 121

Dear Duncan testing:

	Just wanted to let you know you were just left a 0:08 long message (number 1)
in mailbox 121 from 21722545, on Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 08:45:02 PM so you might
want to check it when you get a chance.  Thanks!

				--Asterisk

And also a pager email

Subject: 	New VM
New 0:08 long  msg in box 121
from 21722545, on Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 08:45:02 PM

Anyone seen something obvious I am missing?

Thanks very much