[asterisk-users] Fax Server for Asterisk

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Tue May 29 15:29:06 CDT 2012

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 8:03 AM, Warren Selby <wcselby at selbytech.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 3:10 AM, Danny Dias <ing.diasdanny at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> For those customers with only analog lines, who ask for fax2email and
>> email2fax, whats the most reliable solution available and tested with
>> Asterisk?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> I've been real happy with using HylaFax+ and Iaxmodem implementations.

We have a few Hylafax servers in our network.  Both it and IAXmodem are a
real bear to learn at first (well, so is Asterisk) but when you get them
working, they are rock solid.  I hadn't even thought about it, but it's
been at least a year since I logged into any of our Hylafax servers and did
anything to them.  They just work.

I would estimate I put in a solid 30 hours into learning and configuring
the first server, and then some more time learning additional capabilities
and best practices.  But again, since doing that, it's been totally
hands-off.

I will add though that we also use Fax for Asterisk simply to receive and
turn faxes into PDF for some customers, and that is perfectly stable also.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve