[asterisk-users] Realtime peers and trunks coming from the same IP

Ricardo Carvalho rjcarvalho.lists at gmail.com
Sat May 19 11:15:38 CDT 2012

I use an SBC to protect my pool of asterisk servers and as trunking
endpoint with SIP Telcos. Now I'm trying to implement SIP phone
registration to be delegated through the SBC, as a proxy.

It doesn't work. It just works when I don't use realtime peers at the
asterisk servers. Using realtime SIP peers, since there is one SIP phone
that gets his registration delegated through the SBC, any inbound call that
tries to reach any asterisk server, coming from any SIP Telco trunk ended
at my SBC, gets refused in asterisk. As asterisk records the IP of the SBC
as the IP of the phone that has been registered, it "thinks" that those
calls coming from the SBC are calls coming from that phone, and it refuses
them with "401 Unauthorized" replies. I'm using asterisk 1.8.11.

How can I surpass this problem? Is there any configuration that I'm lacking
on, or is this a limitation of asterisk?

Thanks,
Ricardo.