[asterisk-users] SLA - Shared Line Appearance - Polycom

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Tue May 15 10:38:38 CDT 2012

On 10/05/12 10:45 AM, eherr wrote:
> Has anyone been able to get SLA ( Shared Line Appearance ) to work with
> Polycom phones.
>
> I want to be able to emulate a key system but I cannot figure it out.
>
> Everything I tried so far is just not working together.

Yes, I have managed to get everything working recently with Asterisk 1.8
and Polycom devices (and Aastra, Panasonic, Snom, Digium, etc...)

For the Polycom's in particular, look for the <attendant/> section in
the Polycom admin manual. You will want to setup your resourceList
options for the SLA configuration so it monitors correctly (which are
really just BLF type keys on the Polycom that monitor a hint on Asterisk).

The hints on Asterisk are them controlled via the SLAtrunk() and
SLAstation() applications in Asterisk.

I'll be updating the SLA section in the next version of Asterisk: The
Definitive Guide (4th edition) to elaborate on SLA based on my testing
and implementations over the last couple of months.

So here is what you need as a recap:

* registration line on Polycom
* attendant configuration for BLF keys
* hints in Asterisk that the attendant keys can monitor
* sla.conf configuration for trunks and stations
* usage of SLAtrunk() and SLAstation() applications to use the SLA
lines, which also changes the device status (that is monitored by the
device)

--
Leif Madsen
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/asterisk