[asterisk-users] Least Machine Specs to run a production asterisk server

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Fri May 11 10:21:07 CDT 2012

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 8:13 AM, eherr <email.eherr9633 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well..****
>
> ** **
>
> I would say that there would be about 40 Polycom Soundpoint IP335s****
>
> ** **
>
> G711u****
>
> ** **
>
> I would like to restrict this to say 15 inbound lines and 40 outbound
> lines.****
>
> ** **
>
> Probably looking at 8 concurrent calls.****
>
> **

Any x86 machine currently in production could do 10x that load.  A single
Xeon under 2GHz would be showing nearly zero load for that.

> But I need it to be reliable machine since it will be a production server.

Reliability and load aren't really related.  You could buy something like a
refurb HP server with SCSI drives and dual power for next to nothing and
see excellent reliability.  We have dozens of DL360/380 machines in
production with excellent reliability.  My reliability items are:

SCSI drives (small, but reliable)
RAID 1
Redundant power
Lots of fans
Server class hardware from a quality vendor

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve