[asterisk-users] looking for "solid state" like PC suitable for Asterisk

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Thu May 10 06:35:26 CDT 2012

I use HP Thin Clients with AstLinux installed.
HP 5720's are available on eBay for not much money, or there are many
small boards available new if you don't or can't use used.  10 watts, no
fan, no HD

Not sure what might be available in your part of the world, but there
are Sockris and ALIX flash based boards. AstLinux has special
configurations for these.
I have 20-30 AstLinux on thin clients working without a belch on a
private collectors network

John Novack

Bart Coninckx wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> for smaller (or maybe even bigger) sites I'm looking for a smaller,
> appliance-type like PC, preferably solid state and fanless PC.
> Since it's only going to run Asterisk for a couple of extensions I
> don't think CPU and RAM need to be maxed out.
>
> Does anyone have inspiration/experience for/about such a model?
>
> thx!!
>
> BC
>
> --

Dog is my Co-pilot