[asterisk-users] Replacing PBX with Asterisk, need feedback on my new architecture.

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Mon May 7 01:12:46 CDT 2012

On Sun, 6 May 2012, Nunya Biznatch wrote:

> Thanks for the info. It got me digging deeper. I definitely don't want
> to screw this one up, but I've got to pinch pennies to get this done, so
> don't want to buy anything that would just be nice to have. ...but if I
> have to get it, that's what I'll do.

Aside from capacity, think about maintenance.

If you 'front' your Asterisk servers with Kamailio running on 2 servers
(even if these servers are also your Asterisk servers) you have the
ability to take an Asterisk server out of production just by reconfiguring
Kamailio and waiting the calls in progress to finish.

Then you can install patches, replace failing disks, etc, etc, etc.

--
Thanks in advance,